To enable Item versioning in an organization please follow the steps:
• First go to all tabs (plus sign in classic, six dots in lightening)
• Find Admin settings and click on it.
- Once In find Item Version settings
- Change the drop down the yes
- Hit Save.
Now, you can create a new Item version:
- Go to the Item Master page and find Item Version Control related list
- Click on "New Item" Version button.
- When you click the button fill out all the required fields.
- Make sure the checkbox next to Activate is marked.
- You can create multiple item versions, but please note only one version can be activated at a time. When you activate a new version of an item it will automatically turn off the older version
Now that Item versioning is enabled you will see some modifications in the system:
- On the Sales order line, for items that have different versions, you will see that the Line item view is changed. It has a spot showing the active Item Version.