When the custom setting “Use Advanced Drop Ship“ is enabled users will have the ability to select the "Vendor" and “Quantity Shipped” on the "Pack SO" view. Also the Drop Ship Purchase Order will be received as a regular Purchase Order via the "Receive PO" view. New Received Lines will be created and the original Sales Order Lines will be packed.
- Create a Sales Order and click Pack SO.
- Now you are at the Sales Order Pack screen. When you click the Drop Ship button as opposed to the Pack button it will not automatically create a Drop Ship PO to the Default Vendor on the Item Master(s). The line items below will be shown similar to the fashion of the Pack button was used, however, two additional fields will be displayed.
Vendor :: Lookup (Account) :: Will be autofilled from Item Master. You can change the vendor or leave the vendor selected.
Cost :: Currency :: Will fill from Item Master last purchase price or last purchase price (4) depending on custom setting.
- When ready click the "Save" button. This will create Drop Ship PO's for all of the lines to the Vendors on the lines. It will group the PO's by Vendor. The Price or Price(4) on the PO Lines created will be from the costs on the Sales Order Pack page. An on screen message will list the PO's created.
4. At this point the sales order lines will be like regular sales order lines that have been Drop Shipped. The same relationships and related records as a Drop Shipped PO and Drop Shipped Sales Order lines are created. This way when the Drop Ship PO is complete it will function just like a regular Drop Ship PO. So if the customer is using the custom settings for Drop Ship PO that creates Packed Lines we will still support it.
On the Purchase Order there are some changes also driven by the “Use Advanced Drop Ship“ custom setting.
5. You will need to click the “Receive PO” button and receive in the Drop Ship PO lines. If the lines are serialized items you will be able to specify the serial numbers that were Drop Shipped on the PO.
Clinking on Receive PO will show the lines to be received. Click Receive next to them. If these are serialized items then Ascent will allow you to specify the Serial Numbers used. You can also specify Lots here. This will create Serial Number Tracker records and then pack the Sales Order lines with these same Serial Number trackers. Inventory should go in and out of the Lot immediately. The Serial Number trackers have appropriate lookups on Serial Number Tracker to Sales Order Line, PO Line, Lot, etc. as if they came in and out of inventory.