Transfer Orders are used to track in-transit Items as they move from one location to another. There are five objects. The Transfer Order, Transfer Order Line, Shipped Transfer Line, Received Transfer Line and Staging Order Line.
- The Transfer Order header consists of a “From Location”, “To Location” and a “Transit Location”. The Transit Location’s checkbox “Is Transit” must be checked.
- Create a Transfer Order Line.
- Print the Picking List.
- Stage Items. If the transfer of the Item requires a Staging Location create one using the “Stage Items” button and “Transfer Lines for Staging” screen. For example a loading dock or even a truck can be a staging location. Note Staging is not a required step.
- Ship Items. Use the “Ship Items” button to open the “Transfer Lines for Shipping” screen. Note a “Transit Lot” can be created here if needed.
Transfer Lines for Shipping 1
Transfer Lines for Shipping 2
- Print Pack Slip.
- Receive Items. Use the “Receive Items” button to open the “Transfer Lines for Receiving” screen. Note the receiving “To Lot” can be created here if needed.
Transfer Lines for Receiving 1
Transfer Lines for Receiving 2
- Print Received Lines.
- A completed Transfer Order example.