After you click “Save”, you will see a “Process RMA Lines” button at the top of the screen. Click “Process RMA Lines” button and you will see “RMA Return from Customer” Screen.
- After you click “Save”, you will see a “Process RMA Lines” button at the top of the screen. Click “Process RMA Lines” button and you will see “RMA Return from Customer” Screen.
- Click “Process” to start the physical return back into inventory.
Select the “Return To Lot” drop-down, and select the appropriate lot to return this material to. If there currently exists no lots in inventory, you will have to select “Other”.
- After selecting ”Other”, Ascent will open up a window called ”New Lot Info”. The “Lot Name:” field will be filled in with the derived lot name, which is a concatenation of month/day/year/hour/minute/second/item. You can accept the derived lot name or enter one of your own.
- The location will be the default that is set up in your Administrative Settings. The one pictured here is the DMG location, which is not available to be counted in inventory. You may choose a location not to be counted, since it may have to be inspected before moved into available inventory or scrapped.
- You may enter a price in the “Purchase Price” field.
- “Expiration Date” is calculated based on the RMA date plus 90 days. You can accept that, key in your own date, or click on the RMA date which is next to the “Expiration Date” field.
- Click “Save Items”
- Once screen returns, click “Back To Case”
Item has been recorded as returned from customer, received into inventory.