How to add an RMA from the Purchase Order Screen (RETURN)
Ascent offers several convenient ways to add a Vendor RMA. The instructions below describe adding an RMA through the details screen of a particular purchase order. This would allow the return of an item which had been previously received from a vendor. This particular process (RETURN) doesn’t go any further than that.
Select a purchase order which has material to be returned.
- Go to the purchase order line that needs to be returned. Click “Create RMA”
- Change the “Reason RMA Line” to “Defective”, “Other”, “Not Needed”, or leave it alone
- Change the “Quantity Received”, if appropriate
- Change the “Type” to “Return”
- Click “Save”
Process the RMA Return
After you click “Save”, you will see a “Process RMA Lines” button at the top of the screen or just under the RMA lines. Click “Process RMA Lines” button and you will see “RMA Return to Vendor” Screen.
- Click “Process” to start the physical return back to the vendor.
- Select the “Ship From Lot” drop-down, and select the appropriate lot to return this material to.
- After selecting the appropriate lot (or taking the displayed lot as the default), then click “Save Items”
- After Ascent notifies you of the successful processing of the RMA, Click “Back To Case”
Item has been recorded as returned to vendor, removed from inventory.
Let’s look at the original purchase order:
A new lines has been created, indicating that a quantity of one (1) has been returned.
When viewing the item master, you can see the return:
A movement line was also created for this item, further documenting this action.