Return from Customer without a SO
After you set up your RMA fields, (if not yet, please go to “Setup RMA for New Users” section) you can start make use of RMA functionality. RMA can handle two types of operations: return from customers or return to vendors. For this section, we will talk about return from customer, particularly for sold items with no Sales Order associated. In other words, the items were sold through other system other than AscentERP, while you want to process the return within AscentERP. It is possible!
Let’s go through one simple example: A hardware return.
- Go to Tab “Case” and click “New” button to create a new case.
- Then you will see a case editing page. Please follow all required fields (marked in red) and other fields if necessary.
To make the case more trackable, you may want to enter contact name and account name. For Type and Case Reason, you have a bunch of options to select. Please note if this case is for return from customer, select Return Type as “From Customer”. Since this case is just created, the Status should be “New”. Priority is case specific. You need to choose the Case Origin from Email, phone or web.
If you have original Sales Order or Replacement Sales Order, please also select them from the lookup page.
You can also edit other reference fields on this page. Then, please save it.
- After saving the case, you can add new RMA lines now. In RMA Lines area, you can add a new RMA line.
Use the lookup button to find the item you want to process returning. Make sure the unit of measure and quantity are both correct. There are some options for Reason RMA Line. Type should be Return in this case.
Save the RMA line after you edit it entirely.
- Now, you can process the RMA case.
On the case header, there is a button called “Process RMA Lines”. Click this button.
- You will see the “RMA Return from Customer” page. After examining the return details, you can click “Process” button to start the transaction.
Then please hit “Save” button.
- If you go back to the RMA case, you will see the status of case header is changed to “Escalated” and the RMA line status is “Received” now.
- If you would like to check your inventory, you will see there is one more added to your New Hardware inventory. From Movement Lines, you can also know that there is one returned from customer.