When entering into the Sales/Purchase Planner screen, the user is presented with the option to enter start and end dates.
Input fields are as follows:
- The first two fields are date fields, “Start Date” and “End Date”. The Sales/Purchase Planner will allow you to change either/both of these fields. Initially, they will default to the first day of the current month and the last day of the current month. These fields will be used to select those sales orders whose “Order Date” is greater than or equal to the “Start Date” and less than or equal to the “End Date”
- Refresh - this will perform a refresh function, using the newly entered dates.
- “Open SO Lines for the Selected Period that have not been transformed into PWO lines” – this is one of two tabs. If you select this tab, the system will suggest production work orders to be created, based on all sales orders with an order date that falls between the “Start Date” and “End Date” that have quantities remaining to be shipped greater than zero.
- First “Check Box” – if this is checked, then all sales orders being displayed will be eligible to have production work orders created for them. If this is unchecked, then each individual check box for each sales order line will dictate how it gets treated.
5) “Create PWO” – once this button is clicked, individual production work orders for all items will be created.
You can now either click on the newly created Production Work Order or click on “Back To Planner”.