Ascent offers two ways to receive against a purchase order. First, you can receive directly from the purchase order line screen. Second, you can use Ascent Mobile to receive from a handheld barcode scanner. These directions document the former.
From the Purchase Order master screen, select the purchase order you wish to receive against.
At this point, click on the “Receive PO” button.
The following screen displays with all open lines on this purchase order.
You now have the option to receive an individual line:
- Click on “Receive” on the line you wish to receive
- You have the option to receive to the default lot (if lot tracking is turned on for your system) or change the default lot number. First, the default lot:
You can receive to a lot other than the default lot. Some companies prefer to date and time stamp each lot of material received.
You would select “Other” under the “Available Lot(s)” prompt.
Notice that the lot name that has been assigned is a concatenation of month/day/year/hour/minute/second/item#.
- You can modify that derived lot number right now, by entering data into the “Lot Name:” field, or leave it alone.
- Enter a new location, if desired, in the “Location” field
- You can change the purchase price by updating the “Purchase Price” field and write it out to the receiving record.
- The system will assign a lot expiration date based on the receipt date plus 90 days as a default. You can change the lot expiration date by either keying it into the “Expiration Date” field or clicking the date being presented on the screen, causing that date, the receipt date, to become the expiration date.
- Click “Save”
- New Lot Info screen will close, and you can click “Save Received Items” to close out the receipt process.
That receipt would be successfully saved, using the system generated lot#.
Receiving a serialized item: for those items that are serially controlled, upon receipt, the system would prompt you for the serial number(s). You can have items that are both lot controlled and serially controlled.