Release Date: January 25th, 2017
- Serial number Upload – We have created a csv file template that can be shared with customers to do a mass load of serial numbers, whether or not you have lots control enabled. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the template.
- New Custom Settings to resolve Extended Cost/Price Problem – We have made 3 new custom settings regarding the Use of Lot purchase price. This was created because the Extended Transaction costs were inflating by the Unit Quantity.
- Custom Setting :: Use lot purchase price on Movement Line - Inventory Adjustment
- Custom Setting :: Use lot purchase price on Movement Line - Pack Sales Order Line
- Custom Setting :: Use lot purchase price on Movement Line - RMA
- New Custom Setting: Use Lot average Cost – When a Movement Line is created from Movement (non inventory adjustment) the Movement Line should reference the Lot average cost and fill the transaction cost field with the Lot average cost.
The Lot average cost will also be used for the transaction cost on the movement line when an inventory adjustment is made and this customer setting is turned on.
New Custom Setting: Use Lot Average Cost for Recorded Cost – If this custom setting is turned on, Lot average cost will be used for Recorded cost on the following objects. This works for price and price(4).
- RMA Archive Lines:
- PWO Archive Lines:
- Count Line
- Inventory Adjustment Up/Down
- Inventory Movement
- Receive PO
- Create Quote” button on the Account Object – Customers that do not typically use opportunities may still need to use quotes, which is an AscentERP object and not Salesforce, and have the ability to create multiple quotes associated to one Account.
- Rounding Methods - 2,4,6 decimal place – All AscentERP and AFP objects respect 2,4,6 decimal rounding methods now.
- Returns Functionality without Cases - NEW FUNCTIONALITY – Customers have asked for the use of RMAs without the use of Salesforce cases. We have now released the ability to RMAs and Returns. Customers and users that do not have a Salesforce license can now track returns.
New Objects: Return , Return Lines, Return Archive Lines
- Use Returns - Using only Return, Return Lines, and Return Archive Lines
- Use Returns and Cases for RMA. Use Case and Returns. Cases and Returns will have a 1 to 1 relationship.
- No option to choose BOM version on Quote line – Customers needed to be able to choose the BOM version on the Quote line. This has been added to Quote lines view.
- Purchase Order Net Order Total Field – Customers needed this field to be a currency field. This has been added.
- Quote: Respecting Delivery Company – Customers have asked us to add the Delivery Company address onto the Quote object. We have added a new field called “Delivery Company” to the object. If a customer also wants to use address tracker they can check off "Use Account Name for SO Delivery Company" and this address will pulled onto the Sales Order.
- Add Pagination to Purchase Orders – Customer that place large purchase orders were running into timing out errors with the original Visualforce Receive PO page. We have introduced pagination to all Purchase orders to eliminate that problem.
- Sales Tax field improvement – Customers that are heavily using taxes need to be able to track to the 3rd decimal place. Originally this field was only to the 2nd decimal place. This has been updated.
- Production Work Orders Landed Cost – We are adding this new cost factor to the Item Master object. We have added new field called the “Non Material Cost/Fees” to Item Master Cost field and will continue to be used for the material cost.
In this case there will only be one additional cost factor, a Manufacturing Landed Cost currency field will need to be added to the PWO Header.
This will be the per each amount of cost. Not the total for the build. This will be added to the Cost plus factor that is used to adjust UP the Recorded Cost of the Finished Good Receipt on a per Quantity Basis.
If the Manufacturing Landed Cost is $1.00, then $1.00 is added to the unit cost of the finished goods created by the PWO, per quantity built.
When Item Master Cost Type is:
1) Standard Cost: Do nothing as the user will manage the standard landed cost factors manually
2) Last Cost: Overwrite with the current build
3) Average Cost: Use a weighted average
1) When Lots are turned on and being used for the finished good the user will typically be creating a new Lot at the completion of the build, the landed cost should be added to the lot.
2) The user can build into an existing lot, whether lots are turned on or not, in that case the landed cost should be a weighted average in the lot regardless of item master cost type.
14. Item Group not shown as a Required field when making a new Item – Customers noticed that when they were adding new items to the item master, that the item group field was not marked as required, but is in fact required. We have added a the required field mark to the new Item page.
- Staging Not Respecting Source Lots – Customer that respect and need expiration on Lots realized that the source lots were not linked when customers were staging orders. This was causing an issue when customers use the stage button on the Sales Order object. Items that were in expired lots were being packed out because the source lot did not respect the lot’s actual expiration date. This has been corrected.
- Item Families - View PO issue – Customers that had the following custom settings turned off were seeing the following issue.
"Show item family on view PO page"Customers that were using and adding item families to the PO Page noticed that that when they printed out the PO, the Item Family did not show. We have added another custom setting "Show Item Family on ViewPO print, PO PDF, Email PO", such that customers will be able see the Item family on the line when printing.
- View Quote Issues – Customers that use the View Quote button are using multi-company functionality it shows several currency amount (Total) has the USD before the number. This has been removed.
- Double Shipped Transfer Order Line – Customers have noticed about that double shipped Transfer order lines on certain transfer order. This occurred because users had the pages open at the same time and generated Shipped Lines very closely together and were able to generate lines without error. We are adding a validation to no longer allow this.
- Packing Issues – Customers who process very large orders with high quantities were running into timing out issues. We have indexed several fields and increased code coverage for customers running into this issue.
- Count Journal Approval Issue – Customers that had count line of quantity of zero noticed that the inventory would be updated correctly but the movement line was updated incorrectly. The movement line would choose the incorrect “To Lot” and “To Location”. This has updated to show the movement lines correctly.
- Receive PO with Serial numbers – Customers were receiving a query error when trying to receive POs with serial numbers. This happened when customers were leaving an empty mac address on the serial number record. This happened when serial number and there was a duplicate mac address. The team has updated this issue and corrected it such that it will not check for Mac Address duplicates.
- Picking Work Orders Button Not Working – Customers were not able to use the “Picking Work Orders” button properly. This happened because the location was not being filled out SO line and corresponding work order line. This has been corrected.
- Item Family line: Quantity field populated with 1 should be 0 – When customers were inputted a line for Item Families the quantity field was automatically filling in with “1” instead of “0”. This has been corrected.