- To address Saleforce Spring ‘17 Critical updates
- AutoPackController.cls with 4 instances of the Limits.getScriptStatements() SF method call. multiPack.cls with 4 instances of the Limits.getScriptStatements() SF method call.
- We have removed all deprecated methods.
- The Spring ‘17 Salesforce release has asked us to “Remove Deprecated Limits Method Removed deprecated Limits methods for describe operations and script statements.” This would have caused issues for 2 classes within AscentERP.
- PO PDF and Email PO PDF
- When customers changed their decimal place tracking from 2 to 4 and clicked on the PO PDF and Email PO button they were receiving an apex outbounding error. This has been corrected.
- Number of boxes gets created as you type the # in the qty field on cycle counts
- Customers noticed that when they were cycle counting a serialized item, and if the lines were large, the count lines would split quantities into two separate lines. We we reformatted it, such that, the count journal line prints first with the first serial# box, and then the remaining lines print below it.
- Drop Ship Complete was not closing out the SO
- When users were attempting to use the standard Dropship functionality, the system would register the received lines properly, but didn’t connect with the SO and change the status. This has been corrected.
- Drop Ship Line closed out the whole Sales Order
- Users noticed that if there are many lines on a Sales Order and only a few are Drop Ship lines. When the Drop Ship lines were closed it effectively closed out the Sales Order even though there were still open Sales Order lines.
- Vendor Invoice currency not the same as PO Currency
- Users noticed that PO currency was not matching the Vendor Invoice currency, and was instead choosing the org currency. This has been corrected
- Large PO line quantity caused a Collection Size Error
- Users noticed that if they have a very large quantity (800 or more) on a PO line they received a Collection Size error. This has been corrected.
- Rentals Mobile Menu - Incorrect Spelling
- Users noticed that when they clicked Pack out button the Mobile menu and wanted to scan something in, Scanned was spelled as “Scaned”. This has corrected.
- Return Type Journal Entries have wrong currency values
- When customers were using returns, when they processed the Return they noticed the Journal Entry lines referenced the correct entity, but didn’t use the right currency value.
- Pack Out Line Error with entities
- Customers noticed that when they are using entities they were receiving an error during SO packout. The lines were being packed out properly, but customers still received an error which confused users. This is no longer happening.
- Serial number naming issues
- When adding a Serial Number in inventory, using Inventory Adjustments, the Serial Number name is not converted to uppercase.
- Auto-generation of serial numbers not updated QOH
- If a line is manually inserted, then the auto generation of serial numbers did not update Quantity on hand.
- Error when creating a new lot for Returns
- When users were trying to create a new lot when processing a new return it threw an error. We have made it such that users can create a new lot when processing a return.
- Opportunity Lines Visualforce Page are not using Dated Exchange Rates
- Customers that are using “Advanced Multi Currency” methods in their org do not want to see the parenthetical calculation in the opportunity lines. This has been removed at the opportunity line level.
- Make Sales Order button error on Quote Object
- Split Transfer Order
- Customers that are using a custom method called “Split Transfer Order” in their orgs noticed that when the lines were split on the transfer order it was not properly referencing the Sales Order. This has been updated and corrected.
- Clickjack errors removed
- We have made it such that all of our VisualForce pages no longer will run into click jack errors. This has been through AscentERP.
- Multiple versions of quotes
- Some customers have noticed that we have several formats of our quotes pdfs. We have made quotes more consistent.
- Scroll bar issue
- Customers that maintain serialized product have noticed that when they are inputting items on Purchase orders and transfer orders scrollbars exist on both the left and right.
- Sales Purchase Planner
- Customers that use the Sales Purchase Planner noticed that when they had the custom settings “Confirm PO creation in SPP with qoo” and “Do not subtract qoh on SO Planner” that
- Return Order on Ascent Mobile Menu
- The Return order works such that it will ask for the Return number, lines that are on the Return, and ask you to receive your items in. If the item is serialized it will ask you for serial numbers, and will default the quantity to return with the quantity on the lines. Check it out!
- Admin Setting Help text
- Some customers were having questions about how certain Ascent Admin Settings work so we have added help text around every setting in “Admin Settings”.
- Lot number Lookup
- Some customers would like to see more information about the lot when packing out. We have added a new custom setting called “Show additional Lot fields on Pack SO”, which allows you to add fields on the Pack SO VisualForce pages. You can add fields such as expiration date of the lot or when it was created. You can see this information when you hover over the lot.
- Customers wanted to override Trade Agreement Prices
- Customers have asked to be able to override the Trade Agreement prices that are applied on the Sales Order and Purchase Order level. They want to be able to increase or decrease the price on the line level and have that saved.
- Report enhancement
- We have made “Received Transfer Order Lines” and “Shipped Transfer Order Lines” available for reporting.
- Approve All Count Lines header
- For customers that have count journals with a lot of lines found it difficult to use the “Approve All” button on the Count line VisualForce page. We have added it to the Count Journal Page to make it easier for our customers.
- When using the “Use Returns and Cases for RMA” custom setting
- Some of our customers are still using cases and are using the above custom setting. We have made the VisualForce page when processing cases the same as the processing return lines the same to have continuity within the product.
- Custom Setting - Advanced Drop Ship
- We have found that the custom setting Advanced Drop ship is not working properly. This will be corrected in the next minor release
- Case Status
- When a user has finished processing a case the status will say “Escalated” instead of “Closed”. This will be addressed in the next minor release.
- Critical update - Our team found a critical webservice issue.
- Tax Code added to Purchase Orders and Vendor invoice
- We have increased our tax code functionality so that it is included on our Purchase Orders and Vendor Invoices.
- Rest API to provide Encoding/Decoding support for RFID Tags
- To increase support for external applications using RFID tags we have improved Ascent’s REST API methods of encoding and decoding tags. The first encoding and decoding methods have been focused to work with Global Trade Identification Number (GTIN) and Serialized Global Trade Identification Number (SGTIN-96).
- Credit Memo Issue
- When users were creating a credit memo from a Return/RMA, if the currency of the Sales Invoice/Order is different than the org currency, the Credit Memo is created in org currency and not respecting the Sales Invoice/Order. This has been corrected.
- REST API
- Ascent has improved our Rest API to help customers that will be using the Ascent Mobile Menu with Rentals. The REST API and supporting objects are designed to generally support adding new configuration items without the need for new code. New items added should automatically be added to the returned JSON from the REST API.
- Ascent has created Rest APIs to query Items using standard ascent fields and custom fields from customers.
- To support inventory details lookup - decode HEX tag and send inventory details such as item, description, default location, assigned location, etc. This will be used if operators forget whether a tag has already been encoded and want to check it before attempting to encode again.
- Added to query for Sales Orders using standard Ascent fields and custom fields on the header of the sales order. It will return the entire Sales Order and all of the lines.
- Work order with Work Order Completion Lines
- Ascent has continued to improve the Work Order Complete page to include Word Order Completion lines. Work Order Completion lines will be created when the user clicks the “Complete” button and that line is marked off “Consume Inventory” as True. When they click “Save” it will render “Work Order Completion lines on the Work Order header page. Ascent will also use same currency rules as Packed SO Line with SO Line Currency come from the Work Order Line.
- Add History tracking, Reports, Open Activities by default on Vendor Invoices
- Within the Vendor Invoice object and tab we have made sure Vendor Invoices allow for Reports, Activities and Field History tracking turned on by default.
- Beta Feature! Custom setting: Use Entities
- We have introduced new functionality around Entities. This is still in beta and has only been built for certain customers. This custom setting turns “Entities” on for these customers. Entities is for customers that have multiple companies/entities that the main Parent company will need to track within one salesforce org.
- Add ATP to Sales Purchase Planner
- Customers that use the Sales purchase planner have asked if the ATP field can be added to the Sales Purchase Planner. We have added this column.
- Bill of Lading - Updated Document
- Customers that were using the Bill of Lading doc noticed that it need more fields. We have added packing date, quantity packed, total price, and a signature block.
- Return: Status
- The returns object now has three statuses. Open, partially complete, and Complete
- Exception updating Packed Sales Order Line
- Customers that are using both Ascent and FinancialForce. Users noticed an issue when they were trying to update the Packed Sales Order line with FinancialForce, that it would produce a duplicate ID. We have updated Ascent to remove this issue.
- Quote line not respecting Field Security
- Customers that had certain field security settings on the quote line object for certain users noticed it was being respected on the object, but not on the quote lines visualforce page. This has been corrected.
- Phantom BOMs and “Show on Form”
- There is a custom setting that sits inside of the BOM VisualForce page within the Item master called “Show on Form”. This custom setting is used if, when selling a BOM, they would like all or some of the components of the BOM to show on the a packing list. However, if it’s not turned on, they should not show. Customers that use phantom BOMs in their process noticed that when they were using the AFP Sales Invoice object that if some of the components had the “Show on form” custom setting turned on, but not all of them, they would still all show on the Sales Invoice. This is no longer happening and has been corrected.
- Partial Vendor Invoice not matching accordingly to UOM
- Users that are heavily using Units of measure (UOM) noticed that when they tried to render a Vendor invoice the dollar amount was not correct. The vendor invoice number would not recognize the UOM on the purchase order line level and look at the default unit of measure of the item instead. This only affected the “Partial Vendor Invoice” button. This has been corrected.
- Average Cost is not being maintained at Lot Level for Items, Cost Type=Average Cost
- Users noticed that Average cost was not being maintained at the lot level. The average cost field on the item master was correct, but not on the lot. It was not being updated and could not be adjusted with item adjustments either.
- Work Orders and Inventory consumption
- A customer was working with the “Not counted in Inventory” custom setting on locations. The customer had a customization, regarding work orders, that performs a PackSO function when doing a “Complete Work Order” action. We have updated Ascent to allow for this very specific functionality.
- Can't Cancel Lines after a Sales Invoice is made
- Customers that use Ascent and AFP use Ascent Sales Invoices. Some customers that use Pro-forma invoices have customers that change orders midway through and will need to cancel lines out from the sales order. We have created the ability for users to cancel the lines they need on the Sales Order which will then automatically cancel the line on the Sales Invoice.
- Item Version issue on Sales Order lines View
- There is an Admin setting called “Item Versioning” that customers have access to. This custom setting allows them to have different versions of items and they can choose what version of that item they want on the Sales Order line. This wasn’t being respected properly on the Sales order. That has been corrected.
- Error when using the “Returns” Object
- When working with the “Returns” object the statuses were not updated properly. There is a post install class. Please do the following if you want to use the Returns object and you are on this release.
- go to Setup
- go to Security Controls
- go to Remote Site Setting
- New and complete at Remote Site URL the part from the link like
- https://na4.salesforce.com - for Ascent
- Autopack makes negative inventory
- When testing the autopack functionality the autopack button pushed inventory into the negative, this is not allowed, this has been corrected.
- Movement Line concurrency issues
- We noticed some discrepancies when customers were doing multiple transfer orders at the same time. When transactions were happening concurrently it would only update the record with the first transaction and not the second one. This has been corrected.
- Error when returning a phantom BOM
- When using the Returns object, Phantom BOMs would not register the Open and Partially complete status. The status has been added and will now work properly with those types of items.
- Non-taxable items get changed to taxable when converting a quote to sales order
- Customers noticed that when they are converting quotes into sales orders, items that were checked off as non-taxable, when converted were then marked taxable. This has been corrected.
- Account Field Change
- Changed Account field “Precisio Type” Label to “Ascent Account Type”
- Returns: Add a Status Field
- When a return is made the Status will be “Open”
- If some of the lines are processed, but not all the lines then it will be considered “Partially Complete”
- When all the lines are process the status will be “Closed”
- Pack Slip
- Customers noticed that when they were completing back orders where you they would completely pack out the lines, the “Pack Slip” still said “Partially Packed”. This has been corrected.
- Not pulling all available lots
- With the newest release some customers noticed that all the available lots for an item were not showing up. This was corrected.
- When trying to use Substitutions on the PWO customers were having a “de-reference a null object” when customers pressed the “Run Substitution” button. The Visualforce didn’t render properly. This has been fixed.
- Contract Manufacturing Purchase Order - CMPO
- The process of creating CMPO is working properly, however it was not updating the Quantity on hand and Available to process field. This was corrected in the next release.
- Inventory Adjustment
- Customers noticed that when making an inventory adjustment, the transaction cost was not being filled out. It was zero-ing out. We have corrected this.
- Fixes In AFP and Ascent
- Customers were having trouble created invoices when a deposit was made against it. It has been corrected.
- Some customers that that were using pro forma invoices need to be able to cancel certain lines, due to changing needs. We have added a button on the Sales invoice screen.
- The journals that were being created with the substitution process were not being made correctly. This has been corrected so it references the correct General Ledgers.