Release Dates: August 16th– September 25th, 2016
- Credit Memo Issue – Customers that are using credit memos and including shipping tax on their orders noticed that when they included a shipping tax on the order the Credit memo was taken into the amount when issued to the customer. The total amount and balance fields were not including the Shipping value. This has been corrected so the journal entry associated will be correct.
- Production Work Order Error – Customers that left the “cost” field as a 0 were running into a “null point error”. We have made it such that if you even if have you a cost of 0 on a component you will be able to complete the Production Work Order (PWO).
- Vendor Invoice – We have added a new field called Miscellaneous Tax onto the Vendor Invoice. This is currency field that rolls up to all the final totals.
- Item Families – Directional Substitution on Production work orders AscentERP has made a new enhancement to how item work with one another. We have introduced the concept of item families to the item master. Item families will allow you to create new relationships between items such that substation or replacement of like items will be available for AscentERP users.
The first rollout of this enhancement will be focused direct substitution for items within a Production work order.
ITEM: A, Qty on Hand = 3
ITEM: A-1, Qty on Hand = 4
ITEM: A-2, Qty on Hand = 15
ITEM :: A
Item Family :: FAM_HARDWARE, Origin Item = ABoard, Type = Substitute
Item Family Line: IFL-0000001
Item Family: FAM_ HARDWARE
Item Family Line: IFL-0000002
Item Family: FAM_ HARDWARE
The rules for substitution are as follows:
A has a substitute B and B has a substitute C, then C can be substituted for A. The user must "try" to use inventory from B before ever requesting inventory for C.
PWO-0001 for BOM-123 for Quantity = 1
A, Quantity = 10
We go to build PWO-0001, we notice that we only have Qty on Hand = 3 for item A. We now run the substitution rules thing and we first find A-1 is the first substitute (B) and we use all 4 quantity of A-1. Now we still need 3 more, so we see that A-2 is a substitute for A so we will use 3 of those to complete the PWO.
When a substitution must happen we must break the BOM Depletion Lines up on the PWO before completing the PWO. So prior to the Build we had this:
BOM Depletion Line, Item = A, Quantity Needed = 10
When the substitution logic runs AscentERP will know BEFORE the build:
BOM Depletion Line , Item = A, Quantity Needed = 3
BOM Depletion Line , Item = A-1, Quantity Needed = 4
BOM Depletion Line , Item = A-2, Quantity Needed = 3
Then we build the PWO as normal and AscentERP will write the following:
PWO Archive Line , Item = BOM-123, Quantity Built = 1, Type = Receipt
PWO Archive Line , Item = A, Quantity Used = 3, Type = Issue
PWO Archive Line , Item = A-1, Quantity Used = 4, Type = Issue
PWO Archive Line , Item = A-2, Quantity Used = 3, Type = Issue
- Issues with Drop Ship orders – Customers were noticing on order where there were multiple lines to pack out. When customers were on the “Pack SO” screen and only picked only five out of the ten lines all ten lines would show up on the pack out screen. This issue has now been fixed.
- Purchase Order Field set – Customers have been asking to have the ability to add to the PO lines view and add fields that they would like to be exposed the PO lines view.
- Version 1.731 issue – Customers were experiencing issue with the Sales Order lines view section in version 1.731. The Sales order lines view was showing up larger than expected and were giving users a hard time to put line items in. This issue has now been fixed.
- New Create Quote Button – Customers that do not have not use Salesforce opportunities but want the ability to have a presale cycle did not have an easy way to look at an account and create a quote. We have create a new button on the Account page called “Create Quote” that you can expose.