Summary: An opportunity is a way to register significant interest by a prospect. AscentERP allows opportunities to be created for specific items, and those opportunities can be converted into one or more quotes. If the business is won, those quotes (that originated from opportunities) can be converted to sales orders, without the need to enter duplicate information. In addition, AscentERP quotes that are NOT converted from opportunities can be entered and converted to sales orders.
Pricing for an opportunity and/or a quote works the same way as pricing for a sales order, using Trade Agreements, if any exist.
How to Convert an Opportunity to a Quote:
- Create an Opportunity for a lead, this opportunity should have a corresponding Account at this point. Some customer add opportunity lines to the Opportunity to have more insight into the potential sale of their items.
When your opportunity is set up, based on your company business process you can select the ““Create Quote” (Purple box) button OR the “Make Sales Order” button (Blue box)
- If you click the “Create Quote button” AscentERP will create the quote for you, and make the quote ID equal to the opportunity ID concatenated with the mmddyyhh:mm:ss date/time stamp, making this quote unique.
- You can create many quotes from the opportunity.
- If you click the “Make Sales Order” button it will create a Sales Order and reference the Opportunity from which it was created from
Quote from you Opportunity:
- After your quote is created you can reference from which opportunity the Quote is made from.
- You can review your quote in multiple ways. To view the quote, click the button called “View Quote” to see it as a HTML and if you want to create a PDF you can click the “Quote2PDF”. If you wanted to send this quote to your customer via e-mail, click the button “Email Quote”
- After the Quote has been approved and you’d like to make a Sales Order you can click the “Make Sales Order” Create a Sales Order that references the Opportunity and Quote.