Trade Agreement Item Specific Procedure:
This feature would be used when giving a specific price or a specific discount percentage for a chosen item. Remember that if the sales price on the item master is LOWER than any Trade Agreement for an item, Ascent will use the price from the item master.
Normally, we make use of item specific trade agreement for quantity pricing items, whose price can be varied based on the quantity on the order. You would need to edit “Min Quantity” field for this Trade Agreement. For example, given the example above, if you are buying a quantity more than 20, you will get a price of $270.00 per unit, instead of the original price $275.00 per unit. Also, Ascent allows you to set multiple quantity pricing levels. (i.e. if you want to get quantity pricing levels like 0-20, 20-100, 100-500, more than 500, you can simply set a couple of trade agreements with “minimum qty” equals to 20, 100, 500. Ascent will do the comparison and give you back the lowest price for that quantity of item. )
- Create/use existing Trade Agreement Name
- Select “Sales Order” under “Applies To” prompt
- Select “line” under “Level” prompt.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if your trade agreement apply to order level, a discount is required to enter into “Discount” field, even you select “price” for the “Agreement Type”, because Ascent considers that a single trade agreement price may mass up multi-lines sales orders; else if the trade agreement is only applied to line level, then you can ignore the “Discount” field when you select “price” as “Agreement Type”.
- Select an appropriate item under “Applies to Item”
- Select “Item” under “Trade Object” prompt
- Select “price” under “Agreement Type” prompt
- Select/enter appropriate affectivity dates under “Date From” and “Date To”. This agreement will be in effect between the dates referenced. If there is no “Date To” affectivity date, then there is no time limit to the Trade Agreement
- Enter the minimum quantity for this trade agreement into “Min Quantity” field
- Enter a price into the “Price” field
- Click “Save”