Trade Agreement Item and Vendor Specific Procedure:
This feature would be used when taking a specific price for an item or a specific discount percentage for that item, when buying from a specific vendor. Understand that if the purchase cost on the item master is LOWER than any Trade Agreement for an item, Ascent will use the cost from the item master.
- Create/use existing Trade Agreement Name
- Select “Purchase Order” under “Applies To” prompt
- Select “line” under “Level” prompt.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if your trade agreement apply to order level, a discount is required to enter into “Discount” field, even you select “price” for the “Agreement Type”, because Ascent considers that a single trade agreement price may mass up multi-lines sales orders; else if the trade agreement is only applied to line level, then you can ignore the “Discount” field when you select “price” as “Agreement Type”.
- Select an appropriate item under “Applies to Item”
- Select an appropriate account under “Account Selection”
- Select “Item/Account” under “Trade Object” prompt
- Select “price” under “Agreement Type” prompt
- Select/enter appropriate affectivity dates under “Date From” and “Date To”. This agreement will be in effect between the dates referenced. If there is no “Date To” affectivity date, then there is no time limit to the Trade Agreement
- Enter a price into the “Price” field. Trade Agreement can deal with quantity pricing issues for purchase orders, just as shown previously dealing with multiple layer prices for sales orders.
- Click “Save”